Just here to purchase the song? Click here to get it on Amazon.
Soldier Poet King
The song begins by introducing a soldier who wields a mighty sword, symbolizing power and destruction. The soldier is portrayed as a force that will tear down cities, suggesting the arrival of chaos or conflict. The repetitive chant "Oh lei, oh lai, oh, Lord" adds a haunting and ominous tone, emphasizing the impending destruction.
The lyrics then transition to the arrival of a poet whose weapon is his word. This shift highlights the contrast between physical force and the power of language. The poet is depicted as someone who can slay with his tongue, suggesting the potential for words to have a profound impact, perhaps even more so than physical violence. It implies that the poet can challenge and confront through the sheer force of his words.
The next verse introduces a ruler whose brow is laid in thorn, evoking imagery associated with Jesus Christ and his crucifixion. The ruler is smeared with oil, reminiscent of the anointing of David in biblical stories. This imagery suggests a figure with religious connotations, potentially representing a divine or authoritative presence. The mention of thorns may also symbolize sacrifice and suffering.
Throughout the lyrics, the repetitive refrain of "Oh lei, oh lai, oh, Lord" reinforces a sense of impending judgment or divine intervention. The repetition intensifies the emotional impact of the lyrics and emphasizes the gravity of the events being described.
Overall, these lyrics present a vivid and evocative scene of impending destruction, contrasting the arrival of a soldier, a poet, and a ruler. The lyrics explore themes of power, conflict, and the potential impact of language and authority. The religious undertones and symbolic imagery add depth and complexity to the song, inviting interpretation and reflection on various aspects of human nature and society.
Immerse yourself in the captivating world of "Soldier, Poet, King" by The Oh Hellos, a song that combines exceptional storytelling, emotional depth, and musical brilliance. With its engaging narrative, thought-provoking lyrics, and rich harmonies, this song offers a transformative musical experience that resonates personally. Allow yourself to be swept away by its melodies, carried by its profound themes, and inspired by its timeless relevance. Add "Soldier, Poet, King" to your playlist, and embark on a musical journey that will leave an indelible mark on your heart and mind.
Click here or the image below to purchase Soldier Poet King:
Soldier Poet King Quiz
The Soldier Poet King Quiz is an engaging and interactive experience that allows participants to explore the themes and symbolism behind the song "Soldier, Poet, King" by The Oh Hellos. Through a series of thought-provoking questions and scenarios, the quiz invites users to reflect on the various aspects of the song's narrative, such as the identities of the soldier, poet, and king. It challenges participants to delve deeper into the song's meaning and encourages them to consider their interpretations of the characters and their journeys. The quiz tests knowledge and encourages critical thinking and introspection, making it an excellent tool for fans of The Oh Hellos and music enthusiasts alike.
Participants can deepen their appreciation for the intricate storytelling and symbolism embedded within the song by taking the Soldier Poet King Quiz. The quiz offers a unique opportunity to unravel the layers of meaning and explore the emotions and themes that resonate throughout the lyrics. Whether you're a casual listener or a dedicated fan, the quiz provides a stimulating and immersive experience that encourages engagement and reflection. With its blend of educational content and interactive elements, the Soldier Poet King Quiz offers a rewarding experience for those seeking a deeper understanding of the song and its artistic nuances.
Soldier Poet King Quiz Questions:
- Joan of Arc
- William Shakespeare
- Alexander the Great
- I don’t say anything. They’re the boss. What they say goes.
- “Why did you hire me?” I struggle with self-doubt.
- “I deserve a raise.” I know my work is valuable.
- “Thank you.” They deserve recognition too.
- Police officer, security guard, or fireman
- A structured 9 to 5 in an office doing whatever
- Writer, playwright, or artist
- Politician, spokesperson, or CEO
- “To feel intensely is not a symptom of weakness.”
- “Justice delayed is justice denied.”
- “Never mind your happiness; do your duty.”
- “The expectations of life depend upon diligence.”
- Say “Hi,” and see how things go from there.
- Point out how the sky looks because it’s beautiful, like them.
- Stay quiet. I’d probably say the wrong thing anyway.
- Ask them why they’re sitting there. It’s not their assigned seat.
- The fear of failure
- The promise of the future
- Consistent and dependable
- Free-spirited and creative
- Strong and reliable
- Honest and witty
- Working out
- Listening to music
- That those I love would always be protected.
- To never have to work again.
- That everyone would do their jobs adequately.
- To not attract conflict wherever I go.
- Katniss Everdeen
- Hermione Granger
- Captain America
- Sword fights and epic battles.
- Living in a world where I feel like I belong.
- Pursuing my passions, despite my duties.
- My future partner and the life we’ll have together.
- A world without rules.
- A 9 to 5 job.
- Being in charge.
- Never showing my true self.
- “The price of greatness is responsibility.”
- “Don’t wait for inspiration.”
- “Together we stand, together we fall.”
- “Success is no accident.”
- Reacting before thinking